Sunday, March 18, 2007

Tiny transparency card.


I thought I'd give you a break from the bees tonite. They're comin' back though! I have a surprise card layout to post with the bees this week, but I need to get better pics of it before I show it to you.
When I stamp, I STAMP, so you'll see a new sample on my blog every day. I figure better to keep things fresh, even if you have to look at bees every day, rather than leave the same stuff up day after day. I have new stamps in the house from Crafty Secrets, so don't worry, I'll be movin' on soon!
I love making these transparency cards. This one was an oopsie that turned out better than I expected. It was a normal sized card to start out, and I stamped 'baby' on the bottom of it and it smeared. So I cut the bottom off, turned it sideways and made it a square card. I like the effect, it pulls your eye straight to the sweet little sleeping baby! This set is an oldie but goodie from SU, it's an old image from "Brides and Babies". I may have to make more like this! Does anyone know if they make envelopes to fit this size card? I think it measures 41/4 x 4 3/4's. Either way, it fits in a standard invite envelope.
I sewed the transparency sheet onto the yellow strip of paper, layering 1st the yellow strip, then the transparency, and then the patterned paper. The baby image was glued on TOP of the transparency with hermafix. If you don't sew, hermafix holds the transparency in place easily, so you can skip the sewing step.

5 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

So cute...gotta love it when mistakes turn out so well!

snowmom13 said...

Adorable! Would love to know more on how you made it. Did you stamp on the transparency?
Can't wait to see more of your Bee cards!!! :0)
Anette (snowmom13)

Chris Smith said...

What a fresh design with an old classic - really, really cute!

Melissa said...

Now, this is one cute baby card! Thanks for the inspiration!

Tami McBeain said...

You make even the "oldie" stamps look fabulous and cute! This is adorable. I have to ask...what do you use to color your images?