Tuesday, April 24, 2007

The springtime greenery.



If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. This is my motto for today. Because yesterday, in my great excitement to start yardwork, I chopped the hell out of the honeysuckle tree out front. Which was fine, until we loaded up 2 cars full of branches and discovered that the brush dump site was closed until Wednesday.

So I've been driving around with a car-load of freshly budded, GREEN tree branches. The people I passed on the highway today must have thought I was a little "bonzai", driving to work all dressed up with branches sticking out of the doors of my car and my windows rolled down so I don't absorb the fresh "spring" smell of rotting leaves.

Anyway, the card above was a quickie one tonite; I love this sweet bird image! Some day I'm going to attempt to try collage like Vicki Chrisman does. Check out the eye candy on her blog! Amazing! The bird stamp is from Clearartstamps - "Birdnotes", and the fab harlequin paper is from the Crafty Secret's "Radiant" paper pad. The paper is double-sided, so on the opposite side of the harlequin is the black polka dots.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute! For some reason, I have no doubt that you could do collage. You never know till you try!

Melissa said...

Hahaha! I love the card and the tree story too! It made me laugh out loud! :)

Michele Kovack said...

You are such a stitch! always make me smile! Love the card too!

Carol (HB) said...

LOL!! I can TOTALLY see you driving down the freeway with tree branches hanging out the windows! LOL! OK, back to reality... THIS CARD ROCKS!!!

Lana said...

A little "bonzai" is right! Oh man I spewed my coffee out my nose! Zappy you always crack me up!

Tami McBeain said...

ROFLMAO! You painted a total visual! You're too funny! Oh yeah...great card too! Thanks to you, I am now the proud owner of the Bird Notes stamp set and several other goodies from Crafty Secrets! Thanks for tempting my wallet!

Pam said...

I think you make a cute little bonsai LZ, LOL!! You crack me up!
I love this card, as always!

Allison Rankin said...

This is terrific...and pray those branches don't start to take root in your car!