Sunday, May 13, 2007

Back from the Cabin!



Hope you all had a great Mother's day! I spent Mother's day at the cabin with my parents and sister. On Sunday Mom & Dad cooked chicken on the grill and had the whole family over, including Grandma, Auntie Jan & Toonie (see Toonces, you're famous now), Uncle Bob & cousin Jessie. We had gorgeous weather on Saturday. Our days at the cabin are full of inspiration; garage sale-ing, antiquing, fishing, grilling out, pontooning and for me, making cards. Its so easy for me to be inspired at our cabin.

I got this great new Crate paper at Eclectic Paperie. I spent one of the days putting layouts together; basically piecing paper onto cardstock for about 30 cards. Later I'll add main stamped images and embellishments. I did actually finish these 2 cards. I was working at the table with this vintage 50's tablecloth on it that used to be my Grammie's. I didn't realize it at the time, but when I finished the cards, I noticed how much the colors I chose for the cards mimic the tablecloth colors.


Mom bought gifts for the auntie's and Grandma; she scored more buckets from Michael's and added these beautiful plants to them. The buckets are 40 percent off right now...I see a trip to Mike's in my future!

The bird stamps are from Crafty Secrets, from the Birdnotes set.


5 comments:

Michele Kovack said...

Great vintage cards! Love those birdies! Happy Mother's Day to you Lisa!

Michelle Wooderson said...

Hey Zappy, your bluebirds are sitting on my fence this morning..singin a pretty song! Love your cards, love that table cloth and cute little barn. Sounds like a splendid weekend. Gotta put Michael's on my list, I saw those buckets some time ago. Green is my color!

Valerie said...

Just a big giant WOW! What a wonderful place to escape to and have a piece of paradise for the weekend before tackling another week!

Bethany Paull said...

Wow! I wasn't sure if those birds were stamps you colored or pre-printed little art pieces. They're so gorgeous! Funny about the tablecloth too.

Jennifer Aviles said...

Your schtuff is just amazing, Lisa. Always, always. I love when you go to the cabin to create and be with family and just refresh. You always churn out such goodies there - it must be all the extra lovin' you get from being with those you love!