Friday, May 18, 2007

Create-a- flower


I can't believe my sweet friends Joy and Daisy chose me as Eclectic Paperie's blogger of the week! YIPPIE! Oh wait, now I have to come up with some GOOD stuff! Joy, can I back out of this? Hopefully the mojo gods will be smiling on me this week!

What a mishmash of different papers on these 2 cards, huh? I'm not sure what inspired me to put them together, but they all seemed to have similar colors in them. I think they just needed these fun little flowers from the Paper Salon Create-a-Flower set to tie them together!


My favorite paper this year has got to be this sweet red polka dot shabby paper (Cherry Tomato) from Daisy D's. I find a reason to use it on everything! Joy and Daisy, I'll take a case of it with my next order. I'm on my 5th 12 x 12 sheet of it! The yellow dotty paper is by Chatterbox, "Guest Eyelet" and the floral one is by Pebble's inc, "Loverly Flower".

For the flowers, I usually don't think of using watercolor paper for cartooney images. I had a scrap of it so I tried it with these flowers, and it seems to give a more country, casual look. I think I may try using my watercolor paper more; it really gives a great effect with the aquapainter. I used more mustard ink on the flowers. The fun little corner on the tall card is from Prima Pop-ups, "detail" pattern.

8 comments:

Tami McBeain said...

WooHoo congrats on being the EP blogger of the week! Your blog always rocks and your cards are beyond fantastic! Love your "mishmash" of papers, your combos always work great together! Thanks for sharing your creations with us!

Michele Kovack said...

Wow! How cool is that! Congrats! Lvoe these cards! You have a wonderful way of taking cardstock I would never think putting together....and making it look beautiful! Hey missed ya last night...always check your blog before bed....slacking off are ya? LOL!

Valerie said...

How cool is that, EP blogger of the week, the first one! You and your blog are awesome! I always leave your blog with a grin on my face, and look forward to my next visit, and to see what your banner has changed to!

Jill said...

These are so great! I really love the reds and yellows together! Congrats to you!

Bethany Paull said...

Love all the papers together! And you even made the buttons look great. Congrats to your blog of the week!

DeniseLynn said...

Blogger of the week - Yippee!! Congrats to you. Of course it's no surprise to those of us who rush to the computer daily to see if you've posted.

Anonymous said...

Wohoooo Lisa! You so deserve it. Your cards are always awesome! You are a rock star!!!

Soguesswhat11 said...

Love the buttons on the flower centers! So stinkin cute!