Saturday, May 19, 2007

Garage Sale-ing, 101.


Hi everyone! Sorry I've been MIA, I've been at my Mom & Dad's house all day for the big GARAGE SALE. My biggest challenge when having a garage sale is to not come back home with MORE STUFF than I brought to the sale, after having bought everyone else's JUNK. Today I'm proud to say I only spent....DRUMROLL.... fifty cents. That .50 cent purchase spawned these cards. My Mom knows all the great garage and junk sales...she brought me to this sweet little farm filled with flowers galore and we shopped their junk sale. I snatched up these 2 little felt birds. A QUARTER EACH! HELLO!!!

Since I've been playing with the Stampendous FUN FLOCK from Eclectic Paperie, I HAD to try to recreate these little felt guys on paper. So I took some scratch paper, drew out the bird, and used it as a template to draw the bird onto heavier, patterned cardstock. Then I covered the cardstock with glue and slapped on the fun flock.

The fun paper is by Crate; Zoom stoplight & Zoom freeway. The ribbon is from Starlitstudio (May arts). The ~Thank You~ stamp is from Stampendous.

Here are the little felt guys hanging around while we were manning the garage sale at Mama & Papa Z's house.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

These little birdies are just my style! Cool idea to use the fun flock! The sentiment has a great design too! Great job!

Michele Kovack said...

Love these guys! Great job recreating those birdies!

Anonymous said...

So cute! Birds seem to popular lately! Thanks for sharing your talent.

Tami McBeain said...

Holy heck...these are fabulous! You are one creative chick! Great garage sale find!

Bevie Pearl said...

Those birds make me so happy!!
Now they have a home with a Rock Star!! I am sure they are happy. I would be!!

Bethany Paull said...

They were worth 50 cents for inspiration alone! What great cards! I love the stitching around the birds.