Sunday, June 17, 2007

Junkin' 101!

We're BAAAA-ACK! I have so many pics to show you guys I don't know where to begin! We started out our junk weekend at the bright and early hour of....uhm, noon on Friday. Ok, so we're not early birds. We piled in the van and went merrily on our way. Fortunately there is a Starbucks on the way, so we decided to hit it for coffee before we left civilization. As we were pulling into the Starbucks, there was a sign for an Estate sale...we got our coffee and decided to investigate. We went up the road a piece and found this glaring bright sign... I was a little skeptical about this one...who uses "MONGO" when describing an estate sale? But we were pleasantly surprised, driving up to this sweet little celery green cupboard. HMMM, things are lookin' up!


The lady running the estate sale was into shabby....how cute is this creamer and sugar set? The creamer was cracked, though. No sale.


This celery green & red sled did come home with us, though. $3.00! This will find a home on our front porch this winter, probably with greenery hanging from it. And I am a sucker for rhinestone pins...the triple flower came home with me for $2.00. I'll wear it to work on a blazer or throw it on my jean jacket!














And we're off to Flapper Jane's, with the adrenaline going from hitting a fun estate sale.
Here's the Junk-iful front yard of the store. Favorite saying: OK GIRLS, LETS HIT THE GROUND RUNNING!
















I asked permission to take a photo of the lemonade salesgirl...how cute is she? She was very concerned that she had food in her braces. I assured her the camera wouldn't pick it up.

CUTE AS CAN BE!

We're off to the Picket Fence gals, which is 5 blocks down from Flapper Janes!



I'll leave you with a front view of Picket Fence...HERE I SCORED BIG!

Tomorrow night I'll show you my scores...I'm off to unpack it and get it set up in my stamp room. I only spent 1/2 of my coffee money, which means I'll save it for new stamps when the Stampin Up catty comes out! Tomorrow night: how a junker stores paper. :)

11 comments:

Michele Kovack said...

What a fun weekend! I'm so jealous!

Memories of Time said...

Someday, I'm going Junkin' with Zapstar!! Oh man... girl, you are THE best junker ever!! MISS YA ZAPSTAR!!

Bevie Pearl said...

I missed ya, too!!!
Glad you are back!!

Vicki Chrisman said...

LISA... I'm coming over next time you go!!! HOLY MOLY GIRL!! That is so insanely cool! I am SOOOO jealous!!

Michelle Wooderson said...

I'll pick up Vicki on my way and we'll be right over. Don't ever go junkin again without me! Chit, I see some good stuff that I neeeeeeeeed, Zappy! What an awesome post, I love all your photos!! Now I'll be dreamin of junk all night!!!!!!!

doverdi said...

I LOVE junkin! I can't wait for Saturday's to go yardsaling (that's my name for it). It's amazing how many things that you can find to use in your stamping studio or to alter. Last weekend I found the cutest handmade wooden doll dresser (about 2ft tall by 12 inches wide). It has 4 drawers and is painted that wedgewood blue. It now sits on my desk and holds all my chipboard goodies. I have to make sure that my little niece doesn't see it or she'll want it for her doll clothes. ya right!

Carol (HB) said...

FAB pics darlin!!! I love the way you tell a story!!

Anonymous said...

What fun! I wish I could find estate sales like that :) Looks like you have a great day!

Lana said...

OH MY GOSH ZAPPY! You make me want to be a shabby chic!!!!!! Looks like fun!!!!!!!!!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

When I was visiting my sister, in Mississippi, I just had to show her your blog. You talked about yard sales and right away we planned to do the same the next day. Thanks for all your inspiration. My husband might not thank you though -- lol, snort. He says we're running out of room for all the stuff!

Bethany Paull said...

Looks like a fun day. What a treasure hunt!