Sunday, September 23, 2007

Trick or Treat, smell my feet

Oh man. Remember running around the house yelling: "TRICK OR TREAT, SMELL MY FEET, GIVE ME SOMETHING GOOD TO EAT"! The funniest part is that we thought it was hilarious every time we said it. At our stamping retreat a few weeks ago, we did an image swap. We each stamped off 2 images and then lined them all up in a row & swapped images. With over 20+ participants, we each ended up with over 40 different images to play with. What a cheap way to make the most of your rubber stamp money! SHARE THE LOVE!


This image is a new "Stampendous" Halloween image that Joy from Eclectic Paperie stamped off for the swap. It's called "Treat Bag Trio". I wanted to give this card a little jazz, so I added "Smell my Feet" with my letterpress letters. The swirl is by Autum Leaves (Swirls v.2) and is stamped in black brilliance ink. The paper is K & Company "Happy Trails Checked Stripes Flat Paper". I don't think it's meant to be Halloween paper, but I loved the browns and oranges in it. I ran a stripe of Martha Stewart Yellow gold glitter down one of the stripes to make the paper glittery.

There's a reason I haven't been posting much cutesy stuff lately.... first, I've been obsessed with the Crafty Secrets vintage halloween images, and secondly, I've got it in my head that I need to color cutesy images with copic markers. I've always watercolored all of my images, but after playing copic at the retreat, I'm feeling the need to color in solid colors on all of my cutesy stamps! So I took the plunge and ORDERED COPICS! I'll be posting lots more cutesy once they arrive. So this weekend was completely productive for me. Bedroom painted? Check. Laundry done? Check. Housework, vaccuming, dishes, misc errands? Done. So this week I'm going to slack off and make cards every night. Hope you had a great weekend!

12 comments:

Susan said...

Your cards are awesome. Susan

Deborah said...

I am loving your Copic efforts!Wonderful cards! Terrific that you made the plunge and bought them! On my list for sure! Deb

Charmingdesigns said...

Great Card! Cant wait to see what you come up with this week!!Laurie

Kristina Lewis said...

Love the sentiment!! You are so talented!!

Carol (HB) said...

WooooHOOOO!!! You took the plunge! OMG you are gonna ROCK the Copics babee!

Elaine said...

Totally cute! I like the addition of the phrase on the card and that you put your own glitter on the striped paper! Congrats on getting your copics - all of your creations are ROCKIN fab! I have not figured them out just yet, but I hope to find some time to play with them! :)

Michele Kovack said...

Chores are done? YEA! More time to create....good for you!!! Annnnd you bought the Copics? Can't wait to see all your new creations!

Anonymous said...

Another winner, Lisa! And so nice to hear that the black cloud skipped your house this weekend!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Cute card. The flourish is a neat touch.

Ila said...

These are So Cute!! love the flouirsh and glitter.

Debbi T said...

Holy you ROCK. ROCK ROCK ROCKSTAR!!!! That's you, girlfriend!

*what a motivated girl you were this weekend!*

Bevie Pearl said...

What sweet inspiration you share on your blog. You are my Zapstar!!