Thursday, October 4, 2007

The queen mum has spoken.


Why oh why don't I own a crocheted pillow? I'll have to be on the lookout for one the next time I go junking. Purely for display purposes, of course. It would have been perfect for displaying these kitchy pins I made with dominos and the Crafty Secrets Party Queen Set. I have been itching to start experimenting with the Copic markers, and last night I finally had a chance to see if they'd really stick to shiny surfaces, like dominoes. I'm happy to say they do, however they don't blend very smoothly. The effect I got with them is more 'watercolory' than smooth, but I think they worked ok. I had it in my head that I'd do some party queen pins...wouldn't these be perfect for a girls night out or a 50th' birthday party? I had to glam the girls up with the crown from the Party Queen set and bling them up with Hero arts small clear gemstones. If you don't have Copics, Sharpies work just fine, in fact, the colors are more vivid. Do they have flesh or peach colored sharpies? Anyway, the girls are covered in a protective top coat called Duraclear Gloss Varnish, recommended to me by Cindy Lyles (Starlitstudio). You can get it at Michael's stores. The pin backs are cheapies from Michael's, also.

5 comments:

snowmom13 said...

Hi Lisa,
Love your pins. I've been making domino necklaces lately.
I just have a few copic markers and I tried using them, but I think because I stamped the image with Stazon, my copic markers were smearing. What ink did you use to stamp the image?
I've also been having trouble with inks running a bit (after I let them dry) after covering the pin with Diamond glaze. Any tips?
And by the way, Thanks so much for the directions to the junking places in MN. I feel so bad, I totally forgot to PM you back and say thanks. I haven't been able to make it out there, but one of these days I will!
Thanks,
Anette (snowmom13)

Anonymous said...

How fun are these little ladies ... love the crowns.

Abi said...

Hi Lisa - I LOVE these! So cute. I've tagged you - check out my blog for details. Thanks!

Ila said...

What neat little pins!!!...totally Wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhh, these are totally Zapparific, oh ye Queen of Shabby!!

~Tex