Wednesday, December 19, 2007

It's a wrap!


Do you guys make your Christmas tags every year? When I wrap gifts I always feel like the tag should match the wrapping paper. So I make them every year, using stamps that match the theme of the gift wrap that I buy. I usually hit Target for their Christmas clearance, and get the wrap for 75 percent off the year before. Last year this was my clearance wrapping paper. Tonite I started wrapping gifts with my clearance paper, and frankly, I'm so exhausted that I just don't have the energy this year to go nuts making the tags. (I cranked out all my Christmas cards last night, so I'm a little stamped out right now!) So I decided to go simple & just cut the tags, Cuttlebug them with the snowflake embossing folder, and glimmer mist them. They have a bit of a shimmer and some texture, and look just fine with the wrapping paper. I started with tempting turquoise paper, and then spritzed them with silver glimmer mist. After I dried them with my heat gun, I ran my Caribbean blue ink pad over the top to pop the snowflakes out. Quick and easy!

3 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

Love your tags, how creative and your new banner

Anonymous said...

That doesn't sound easy to me! Lots of steps girl...for tags! You are so creative.

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

Oh, great idea. Love the banner, too.