Wednesday, December 26, 2007

SO much to share tonite!

Aaack! Where to begin! First, I'm so very happy that the holidays are almost over so that the running around can stop for a while now! I need to pick a Crafty Secrets blog candy winner pronto! So lets do that first so that I don't leave you hanging! Jana from Kodiak Alaska, you are the jittery winner, girlfriend! Send your snail mail address to me and we'll get your goodies out to you! And you have to post your eye candy for us too! Look how cute she is! (Jana's Blog) Congrats! I loved reading eveyone's stories...I swear, stampers are the sweetest bunch!

This weekend I stamped all day on Sunday, so I have tons of new stuff to show you. I made a TON of Hanna samples with the new set that will be released on January 4th! But I can't post any until this Monday! DANG! I DON'T KNOW IF I CAN HOLD OFF THAT LONG! I'm not very good at keeping secrets! Ok. So we'll do Elzybells instead. I'm re-naming them LZ-bells because I'm now addicted to these sweet little girlies. Friend HB scored this one at Crafts Direct (St Cloud, MN) for me with a 50 percent off coupon. I LOVE COUPONS! I'm not sure who sells these online so I don't have links for you, but A Muse reps them so I'm sure your local A Muse retailer will have them. This is a PERFECT winter stamp because you can use fun bright colors with her & it doesn't look odd. On these cards I am using up some old My Mind's eye papers, and some Daisy D's snowflake paper from their "Snowflakes & Holly" line. They are colored in with copic markers & I added small pink buttons everywhere. The "Hello good friend" stamp was sent to me from sweet blogger Michelle Kovack. (Studio G).

I also have to show you my Pottery Barn score. All of their Christmas ornaments went 50 percent off today, so I ran at lunch and scored some of these vintage glass glitter birds that I've been eyeing for weeks. They look so cute in a nest of vintage ornaments! I also scored some vintage mercury glass ornaments...regularly $16.00, now $7.99. They go perfectly with vintage ornaments. You get 12 of them in a box, for $7.99! It's a great way to get cheap filler ornaments if you don't have a big collection of vintage ones yet. These are new, but they coordinate perfectly with older glass ornaments. I will put these away for next year's decorating, and keep an eye out next summer when junking season hits for more old ornaments with that pretty shabby patina that I love so much.
Hope you're all getting stamping time in this week! L.

5 comments:

Bethany Paull said...

I love how you put the little bird on his own tag up top. These are precious.

Michele Kovack said...

Man oh man, you put me to shame, haven't done a darn thing this past week! Love those cards.....and am so glad to see you were able to use that stamp! I am currently trying to work on a chef page with Cortney, using the Crafty Secrets stamps.....Glad you had a good Christmas girlfriend!

Carol (HB) said...

aaaaaack! You made her look so dang cute with the bright colors!!!

Erin said...

These are adorable! I love the detail with the buttons. :)

Jana M. said...

Oh goodness, I can't believe I won. I sent you an email with my snail mail info. :) Thanks so much!

I love these cards. You are such an inspiration.