Saturday, January 19, 2008

Back on track!

I am back on track today and getting organized. I'm finally home for a full 2 days and am raring to get into my stamp room and start creating again!! I have stamps screaming my name & need to start gathering my samples to bring with me to the CHA show (Craft & Hobby Assn.) next month. The month before CHA is usually a flurry of activity for the stamp companies as well as the design team members. Since the stamp company owners are busy choosing the new designs that will debut at CHA & getting the product into production, it's the design team's job to create samples that can be shown in the owner's booths at the show.
Little Riley Moose here is one of those new debuts, so the boxes that I'm making with him will travel with me to Anaheim and land in Kristi Ferro's Hanna Stamps booth. Ok. So the box is from Creative Cuts and More and is called an "Oval Window Box". It looks like a small kleenex box to me! I decided to add some Basic Grey Blush Striped paper to the front. I cut a piece of paper the same size as the top of the box, laid it on top of the box, flipped it over and then traced the opening on the opposite side. Cut out the oval on the traced line with your scissors, and adhere the striped paper to the box top.The next step was to fold the box together on the scored lines, and use eyelets to adhere the edges of the box top. For the box bottom I used a super tacky tape to close the bottom flaps (wonder tape).
Here's the cool part. The 2 largest oval nestabilities dies fit perfectly over the top of the box opening. So I punched out a scallop oval in ruby red paper, and a regular oval in white cardstock (Georgia Pacific from Wal-Mart).



I stamped my image on the front of the white paper & colored in riley moose with copics. I scored the left edge of the image, folded it over, and then attached it over the box opening so that it opens up like a flap. The metal anchor turn holds the flap shut.
Voila! Fill box with yummy candy, or whatever your heart desires! I'm pretty sure we'll be digging into these junior mints after the show is over. They're yummy and gooey.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cute project! You better keep a good eye on it at the show or a chocoholic might steal it!

Anonymous said...

VERY cute project. I wish I could be at CHA to see all your work!

Donna Baker said...

this is too too cute!

Lyrical Stamper said...

Fabulous box! Have fun creating for CHA.

Charmingdesigns said...

OOOh I can see you having all kinds of ideas for this one. This is great!Laurie

Kelly said...

This box is adorable and looks delicious!!! Where did you find that anchor? I love it! You did a really great job.

Viv said...

This project is totally adorable! I love the paper you used!! It will be a big hit at CHA!

JoAnna Goodman said...

This is adorable! Great job! I cannot wait to get my hands on Riley!