Sunday, January 6, 2008

Crafty Secrets Sewing Set


I'm out of Hanna cards now and onto the Crafty Secrets "Sew Special" stamp set that was just released Thursday. I went extra large with these cards so I could get a lot of elements onto them. The tall card fits into a legal size envelope, and the square card measures 5 1/4 x 5 1/4. The shabby floral paper is out of Crafty Secret's "Classic" paper pad. I thought it was perfect with the dress form stamp from this set because it looks so feminine. The 3-d flower on the tall card is from a new sizzix die that I got at Michael's. It's called "flower layers #3 and it actually has 3 flowers that you can layer on top of each other. The floral paper has been glimmer misted with "sugar cookie", and then sewn onto rose romance paper (Stampin up). The zipper is so fun to play with on this set...I just stamped it in black ink and then took a sakura gelly roll clear glitter pen and colored it in so it looks shiny and metallic. For the square card, I started with white cardstock, and then cut vellum to fit the front of the card. I stamped the bodice pattern stamp randomly on the vellum with pink ink to make it look as if it's the flimsy paper that real sewing patterns come on. I decided to use real pins in the pincushion, which are easily held in between the pincushion image and the scalloped mat behind the image. If you click on the close up of the dress form here, you can see that I've gone across the entire main image with a tracing wheel on the diagonal, so the paper actually looks quilted. I found a tracing wheel at a garage sale last summer for .25 cents...I love that Vicki Chrisman always finishes her cards and project edges with a tracing wheel so I grabbed it right away. Thank you, Vicki, for all of your incredible inspiration!

6 comments:

Julie Campbell said...

Oooh! You're making this set so irresistable!!! I LOVE all of the details! Fabulous work!

Alhambra Club said...

These cards are great, love your coloring, what a wonderful stamp set

Michele Kovack said...

......already ordered this darn set.......Thanks enabler!

Ila said...

What a Fabulous stamp set!!...I love what you've done with it...Fantastic cards!!

Anonymous said...

i can't wait to get these stamps in my hot little hands - they should be arriving this week!! love the cards and i can't wait to make some for all my quilty friends!

carolfun

Lauren (mytime) said...

WOWZERS!
That is fabulous.