Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Trying not to let Northwest Ruffle my Feathers


I am home! And I am LUGGAGE-LESS! I thought this would be an appropriate card to post tonight, while I'm sitting here waiting for Northwest Airlines to deliver my luggage. Apparently my bag had a different itinerary than I did yesterday when I flew home, & it's now touring the country without me. I hope it brings me back some good souvenirs.
This is one of the brand spanking new Crafty Secrets sets that was just released at CHA, called "Bird Lovers". This set is SO interactive! So many of the stamps in this set coordinate together, so that you can come up with your own fun scenes. I love that it comes with both a small egg and an extra-large ginormous egg, for humorous cards. For this card I used a combination of Copic markers and watercoloring...the bird, egg & nest are colored with Copics, but I used an aquapen and soft sky ink , to give a fading/sky effect to the background. The papers are from Crafty's Radiant paper pad. The corners are punched out using my new SU photo corner punch. I love that thing!
I also wanted to give you a heads up that we have a new guest designer this month over at the Crafty Secrets Gallery! Michelle Kovack (Chelemom) is dazzling us with her beautiful eye candy!
Also, you have to check out the unbelievable box that Pam Hooten just posted to the gallery with the birdlovers set. I'm speechless!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so cute! I love the colors and the layered corners. I agree that Michele does beautiful work!

Charmingdesigns said...

Love this one! The colors are beautiful!! Laurie

Juanita B said...

What a beautiful card! I love the colors, must get some, and the scene you created. The blue of the egg is stunning. Fabulous work, TFS.

Heather McNally and Melissa MacDonald said...

GREAT card!!!!!! DANG - sorry about your luggage, babe! Stamp out the frustration! ;)

Michele Kovack said...

I owe you a big hug!! You just totally made my day!!! Thanks for the "plug!" Your kind comments mean A LOT to me! Hugs to you!

Kelly L said...

First off you made me chuckle even though, I too, had a crummy day! I am sorry to hear about your luggage, but I loved the way your sense of humor shone through your mood. Gorgeous card btw. I love the colors, and the bird does look pretty dang cute on top of that ginormous egg. Stampin' out the frustration sounds like a good idea to me as well. Take care! Bright side -- It was on the way home, right? :) Kel

Darlene said...

Great card! Hope your luggage is here by now!!! This is one of the three sets I just received in the mail TODAY! I've only had time to make up one card so far, but I'm anxious to get back at creating with this fun set! Love your blog! Keep up the good work! Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk)