Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Deer Dad

More Father's day cards, done using Stampin' Up's retired "Noble Deer" set. I'm still pulling out the oldie but goodie sets! It's so awesome to use new products on old sets because they turn out totally different from when I used to putz around with them as a Stampin Up demo. I remember always watercoloring these deer with Stampin Up ink and an aqua pen. Copic markers have opened up such a different stamping world for me! I decided to turn these into "Thinking of you" cards, so they can be used either for Father's day or all-occasion.
For the images on these cards, the Copic colors I used are: "Cool Shadow"(BG10) for outlining the clouds and the deer, "Light Camel" (E55) for the deer, "Spring Dim Green (G82), Pale Olive (YG95) and Spanish Olive (YG97) for the layers of grass. Hint: go over the shaded lines on the deer bodies multiple times with the same marker color to create subtle shading.
I also stamped the pine tree and pine cone stamp image under the "Thinking of you" sentiment.

Happy Tuesday!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

DAG!!! That is awesome!I love that stamp!My hubby would too..I need to check Ebay.. for this set.
Marie

Michele Kovack said...

Awesome cards Lisa! I need to make a few Dad's cards tonight!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards, Lisa. I love to see how you use one image in different layouts. I have one more Father's Day card to make, luckily my dad likes flowers and the color pink, so that makes it a little easier. ;)

Carol (HB) said...

Another outta this world set of cards! Holy MOLY girl!!!

Debbi T said...

ROCK star!!!!!!
Love these, LZed.....love 'em!

Anonymous said...

I just want you to know I really enjoy coming to your blog and checking out all the great cards you make! I am so in awe of them all! Keep up the GREAT work there!!!
~Heidi
Tucson, AZ

Charmingdesigns said...

I LOVE this,nice job!! laurie