Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Hanna's Bookworm Set!

Happy Tuesday all!~

This next Hanna stamp new release set is called "Bookworm" and has the cutest library theme! I altered a $1.00 composition notebook and thought it would be fun to record your summer reading book list!

I used a fun summery We R Memory Keepers patterned paper called "Precious Metal" Vintage Brass - Treads (stripe) & Vintage Brass Verdant (flowers).

Here's a close-up of the composition notebook. I used a polka dot scrap of Crate "Cowgirl" paper to create the patterned lampshade, and I masked Hanna off so that I could stamp the lamp in the background. Hanna-girl is colored in with various Copic Markers that matched the patterned paper colors.






For the matching card, I used a scrap of the striped paper along the bottom, to stamp the sentiment on, and randomly stamped Hanna's library card, books & bookmarks all over! FUN accessories!

Still playing with the camera lighting...for Kar and MaryLou...the camera I ended up getting is a Canon SX100. I also looked at the Canon A590's, but I wanted a bigger zoom, so ended up with the SX100. I wanted a camera that was easy to navigate for a beginner, and these seemed user-friendly! This weekend I plan on experimenting with the lighting and the camera settings. I guess it comes with an INSTRUCTION BOOKLET! GO FIGURE! WHO KNEW?

7 comments:

Kelly L said...

LOL . . . I loved your comment about the instruction booklet. I have a Canon A610, and I absolutely LOVE it. I haven't really looked at my booklet either (had it for about 4 years now) and only use it for basic stuff. I do use the macro feature though for my cards. Best of luck with yours.

I really LOVE this Hanna set, and I think your copic coloring is terrific. Great job as usual Lisa. :) Kel

Michele Kovack said...

Instructions? You dont' need no stinkin instructions! LOL! What cute cards.....as always! Are you heading out to CHA in Chicago this summer? Will I see you?

Lyrical Stamper said...

I'm still waiting for the instruction booklet for my kids. HA! Thank you for sharing what brand of camera you purchased. I'm really challenged with cameras myself. However, I figured out that dropping them doesn't help.

Love the new Hanna set. Thanks for sharing!

Lana said...

Love, love, love, love it!

Anonymous said...

I love the new stamp sets from Hanna. The cards and altered book looked great. I especially like the woman reading stamp.

Don't forget your raincoat tomorrow if you go outside.

Anonymous said...

citites, shhhh, that is secret code for cities.

Heather McNally and Melissa MacDonald said...

OH MAN - this is AMAZING!!!! I loooooooooooove the notebook and card! OMW - I LOVE IT!!!! I think I might neeeeeed this set!