Friday, July 18, 2008

Gramps


I know many of you out there have loved ones in the military right now. My Gramps was in the army back in the day, and while going through old photos with my Grams, I discovered this great photo of my Grandpa in his uniform looking all dapper and handsome. So he became the focal point of this wall hanging featuring a Crafty Secrets Square Chipboard Album. I'm having so much fun with these albums; I love that you can use just one of the chipboards and make a single hanging, or use them all for a triple hanging. I haven't even used these as an album yet!
I covered the chipboard with papers from Crafty's Radiant & Classic Paper Pads, and then adhered the photos on top. I love the look of the old black and white photos with the white border, so I decided not to mat these and leave the white border showing for a different look this time. I strung twine and tied buttons to dangle at the bottom .


I stamped words and sentiments from Crafty's Cherish & Favorite Fellas sets on a yellow patterned paper, then added them to the hanging. The white Kaiser flowers are stamped with the text stamp from the "Book Lovers" set, and then I added a red button to each of the flower centers.
I'll be back Sunday night with photos of CHA for you..stay tuned for some product eye candy soon!
L.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is adorable! I love the patterns you used and the stamped flowers are so cute.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

This is so gorgeous. I love the shape of the chipboard. You did such a wonderful job creating such a lovely piece.

CreativeMish said...

Very nice! I've never thought of using these as a wall hanging. I've always made into book! Great job!

Anonymous said...

Lisa, this is beautiful! What a fun way to display memories! I absolutely love all the Crafty Secrets stuff and looking forward to their new releases! Great job on this!!

Heather McNally and Melissa MacDonald said...

I LOOOOOOOVE this!!!!! The pictures are incredible - your work is outstanding! WOW!

Sonia said...

Absolutely Gorgeous. I love the shape of the Chipboard.
You did a Fabulous work.

Greetings, Sonia (Sony)
Puerto Rico

Anonymous said...

Another amaZing creation...wonderful colors and a beautiful dedication to your Gramps service. I love how you use these!