Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Co-worker Muffin Gifts - E.P. Merry Muffin Set

So you're gonna laugh at tonite's sample. I really wanted an Accucut cupcake box to use with the new Stampendous/Eclectic Paperie exclusive "Merry Muffin" set, but since I don't own that die or a cupcake box, I had to improvise. I bought a transparent chinese food gift box from Target a while ago, so I decided to alter it to hold a cupcake. I put a faux bottom in it by cutting a hole in yellow cardstock with a Nestabilities circle die. I thought it would be fun to make a cheap co-worker gift that would hold a chocolate chip muffin, so it could be placed on their desks on the day of their birthday.


I'm not gonna lie...I'm no Betty Crocker. In real life, I would go out to Panera or Starbucks and BUY a chocolate chip muffin to put in the box. But NO, I decide to make weight watchers chocolate cupcakes from a box for my props. Which promptly FELL as soon as I took them out of the oven. Note the beautiful hole in the center of the cupcake. I've been told by trusted sources to never EVER EVER cook for anyone, EVER!




So if you can get past the horrible baking episode, it COULD be a cute gift set in the hands of someone more, shall we say GIFTED in the kitchen department than I am! Happy Wednesday! p.s. QUIT LAUGHING LANA AND HB!

L.

Supplies: Basic Grey Stella Ruby Stripe, Pink Paislee Vintage Moon "Night Owl" yellow paper, Stampendous Eclectic Paperie Exclusive "Merry Muffins" set, to be released Friday. Stampendous Dot sparklers, gingham ribbon, Nestabilities circle and scallop dies.

10 comments:

Dottie K. said...

OMG I was LOL at your post. However you get an A+ for trying and that's what really counts. Does it taste good? Love that idea and the card. Just so cute! :)

Lana said...

I AM ROARING WITH LAUGHTER! JUST ROARING! See now if that was me, I would frost the HECK out of it and nobody would know! LOL! VERY CUTE GIFT! Please think of me on my birthday, but perhaps you should purchase the cupcake! LOL!

Lana said...

P.S. Remember Lizzy's chocolate pumpkin bundt cake? LOL! You two would get along great!

Carol (HB) said...

LOL!!!! OMG you are TOOO funny! I've had your baking and it's YUMMMMY! So there!
I agree with Lana, slap some frosting on it and make it great!

Oh ya... SUPER cute project!!!

Stefanie Staniak said...

I love the idea of the Chinese take out box - it worked perfectly. It you choose to bake again, take Lana's advise and frost the hell out of it !! LOL !! I'm sure it still tasted great !

Anonymous said...

Your post is funny and the idea is adorable!!! I would simply put a little cool whip on top of it. I love all your ideas!
debbies on scs

Joy said...

Z, you crack me up babe!!!!! What a cute and funny story. It was VERY thoughtful of you. I looooooooooove your samples. You are a true rockstar!

Daisy said...

Cheers for you in baking at home! Cheers for places like Panera that make life easier and sweeter, too. Love the colors you used. Great gift idea.

Anonymous said...

What a cute card and your baking stacks right up there with mine! Your are too funny girl!!!

Vicki G said...

Oh my Gosh. Lisa, this is just Delicious!!!!!! Ahhhhh I LOVE it!!!!!! You had me laughing my butt off!!!

Have a great weekend Chickie!!!!!


Vicki