Friday, October 3, 2008

Duluth Crop for the Cure - Oct. 25th, 2008


I wanted to kick off breast cancer awareness month by announcing that I'll be participating this year in the Duluth MN "Crop for the Cure" on October 25th! My sweet friend Heather Nichols (Pinefeather) and I will be teaching classes there, with lots of Crafty Secrets and Papertrey goodies! The crop is already half full, but I wanted to make sure that you guys all know about it in case you're interested in attending or doing a girls weekend get-away this year! The crop costs $50.00 to attend and goes from 9am-midnight Oct. 25th. Your $50.00 fee includes classes from Piney and I, prizes, goodie bags and a silent auction! You are asked to raise $100.00 for breast cancer, outside of the crop. I had hoped to participate in the breast cancer 3-day this year, but chickened out. So I'm excited that I can volunteer my time and benefit a cause that is near and dear to me, since I'm a 14 year breast cancer survivor. It's a really easy way to combine your hobby with a great cause!

You can read more about the crop & sign up here; we'd love to see you there this year!:

http://www.scrapbookroyalty.com/duluth.html

The powerhouse chickie behind this event is Alane, from Scrapbook Royalty! She and her royal court work so hard, running around CHA and getting donations for the crop each year! You should see the goodies she collected for all the participants! Alane is blogging & giving sneak peeks and updates on the crop on the Crop for a Cure blog HERE, so make sure to check out the superstar sponsors and the goodies they're donating to the crop! It sounds like Alane got the MOTHERLOAD of stuff from CHA! GO ALANE, GO! WE NEED LOTS OF SCHTUFF!

Hope to see you there!

L.

Stamp Set: Crafty Secrets "Support the Girls" set & patterned paper from Crafty Secrets "Radiant" pad.

2 comments:

Kar said...

sounds awesome Zappy!!

Creative Escape said...

Good Luck on your Crop for the Cure!

Sure do wish I lived closer. It sounds like a fun time.

Hugs,
Jen