Thursday, September 11, 2008

Making Memories Spooky Raven & Witch

WOOO HOO! I finally got some stamping time in tonite! I'm allowing myself to do Halloween stuff again now since it's been getting cold out at night and is starting to feel fall-ish in Minnesota. This is my FAVORITE time of year, and I always enjoy the crisp weather, nesting at home and digging in and creating with orange and black.

Tonite I played with a new stamp set that I bought last month at Archivers with my coupon.
The stamp set is called "Spellbound" and is by Making Memories. It's a bit out of my comfort zone because I enjoy coloring line art images so much more than the solid image stamps, but it was fun to step out of the box and try something different.

This raven was a challenge for me, because it felt like he should be solid black. But then you couldn't see the great scripty writing going across him. So I tried to create a black feeling by using the black background paper behind him. I also used some Making memories paint in the background to help him pop off the paper more. I love the font of this Happy Halloween sentiment stamps.

The orange dots are more of the floral arrangement "luster gems" by Darice (given to me by friend Carol). I colored them in with a Sanguine Copic Marker. Patterned papers also by Making Memories, from the "Spellbound line.

7 comments:

Michele Kovack said...

These cards are totally cool!!!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Love these cards! The images are adorable, and the creative way you did your cards is awesome!

Anonymous said...

These are great, Lisa! I love this time of year too and your orange and black cards are perfect for this time of year!

Stefanie Staniak said...

Love your cards LZ. But you know me, the witch is my favorite.

Vicki G said...

These are WAY cool Lisa! You are rockin' girlfriend!

Vicki

Tandra said...

Hi Lisa! Oh my I love these! I adore Halloween, and especially that Raven bird!!

Toni K said...

Great cards! I just bought this set and love it! TFS!