Sunday, November 23, 2008

Our Craft Lounge - Bubs the Beaver


Dang, I totally forgot to post these Bubs the Beaver cards that I made for the grand opening of Our Craft Lounge!



This is one of my faves from the newly released OCL sets. I'm SO going to make some belated birthday cards with it when I get a chance.





I created a little patterned paper 'dam' of logs with the log from this set, and tore & distressed it along the edges. I also sewed around the focal image and added a matchy flower for the sentiment.






For this card I thought it would be fun to use my nestabilities scallop die to take little 'bites' around the edges of the image, so it looks like the beaver chewed on the card!

Happy Monday, all!




7 comments:

Michele Kovack said...

All of your cards are adorable, but I especially love the idea of the "chew" marks!!! So CLEVER!!!

Carol Weimer said...

Oh so adorable. Our town's school mascot is a beaver and those images would be so adorable to add to my collection. Thanks for the inspiration.

Cindy Lawrence said...

These are sooooo CUTE, Lisa!!! We are on the same wavelength again today...I used my OCL stamps too. :)

Tammy said...

Cute card:) You are soooo talented! I am envious of your talent.....

Tammy M

Anonymous said...

These are totally adorable!! ;) TFS!

Pauline said...

I just love these stamps and how you've used them.

Debbi T said...

OK you're WAY TOO SMART - chew marks! HA HA HA!

This is my favorite set. I think it has to be.....something about beavers is all about Canadia! LOL!!