Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Our Craft Lounge - Tree-mendous love!

Happy Tuesday, all! I've got another sample to show you from Our Craft Lounge tonite! I was trying to crank out two cards for each of the sets I received, but for some reason this card took me longer than normal and I finally had to put the giraffes away and call it a night! I love that most of OCL's sets do double duty, and you can use them for more than one occasion! I love how well-thought out all the sets are! WAY TO GO GIRLS!

This set is called Tree-mendous love, and can be used for baby cards, valentines, or just a happy-hello type card! I decided to do 2 lovey-dovey giraffes; my first thought was to intertwine their necks, but I was fully into a sinus infection meltdown when I made this and just didn't have the brain capacity at the time! I bet you could just shape the necks on your block to intertwine them. DUH. I'll have to try again another day!


So this is the card that I ended up doing. I paper-pieced the leaves of the tree onto green My Mind's Eye Patterned papers, then colored in the hearts a little darker green so that they pop off the paper. I also had to draw some little x's and o's carved into the tree. I don't think you can see it well on the photo, but the heart in the tree is bright red sparkly glitter!

Hope your week is flying by, I can't believe November is 1/2 over already! Where has this month gone? GASP!

L.

7 comments:

Michele Kovack said...

Such a sweet card! I love the glittered heart on that tree!!! I can't believe the holidays are right around the corner.....the days need to slow down just a bit! Too much to do!

Lana said...

GET ON OUT OF HERE!!!!!!!! THIS IS THE BEST CARD I HAVE SEEN!! WOW! KEEP STAMPING GIRLIE!

Heather Gates said...

Love the paper piecing used on the tree! And the little XOXOs, man you have the greatest ideas!
LOVE IT!

Vicki G said...

You came up with a lovely card! feel better soon!

Vicki

Marisa said...

Lisa, I just love the way you combine colors for you cards. They always come out looking so good. Those giraffs are just adorable. Keep those cards coming.

Anonymous said...

Oh how Cutealicious!
LZ ... you were meant to stamp with this set!

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my word, Lisa, this is the CUTEST little card. I looooove it!!