Monday, November 3, 2008

What was I thinking?



Do you guys ever dig through your piles of patterned paper and come across paper where you think "What was I thinking when I bought this paper"? That was the case with this green polka dotted paper, (which will remain nameless).


I'm sure it had a ton of beautiful coordinating papers with it, which I failed to purchase, so I had one lone piece of this green, no match paper sitting in my file. I decided that instead of hating on it, I'd try to use it up and see what I could do with it! These cards are what followed!
I decided that the rusty polka dots in the paper would go great with fall cards, so I added some rust floral paper to it and stamped a fall tree & pumpkin for my focal image (Inkadinkadoo set from Michaels). I actually do like how they turned out; they look rustic and fallish and I needed thank-yous for my work stash in the worst way!
And the bonus was, I USED UP all the green paper! So here's my challenge to you this week. Pick out some paper from your stash that's been in it for a while and USE IT UP! You get bonus points if it's a pattern that you don't care for but were able to turn into something you like! :)
Oh, I forgot; one more thing, you'll be seeing these little flourishy chipboard swirls on lots of stuff! It's my newest obsession! More to come!

L.

8 comments:

Charmingdesigns said...

I love to see what you do with what you come across!! Its wonderful. Laurie

Anonymous said...

This is so very awesome!! WOW!! TFS!!

Tiffany's Epiphanies said...

I have that stamp set too and after seeing your BEAUTIFUL card, I want to go make something with it! Thanks for the inspiration!

Joanne said...

I have to say, I like the green paper! I think it made a nice backround. Such a nice card...

Anonymous said...

Totally adorable. You really rocked with the design. I have a whole bunch of "ugly" paper that I bought for some strange reason. You disgused yours well.

Anonymous said...

They turned out great and I love the flourishes!

Altered Annie said...

I love the fall cards you made, and now I must find that tree stamp! One can never have enough trees, or tree stamps!
-Annie

Toni K said...

What gorgeous cards! I couldn't find the ugly green paper with the polka dots. It's perfect for these cards! Awesome!